Join us on Mike’s birthday, Sunday, July 25th, as we virtually walk/run together at the first annual Miles for Mike to raise funds for Frontotemporal Dementia (FTD) research and care!
Who: Everyone is welcome to participate in the virtual 5k walk/run.
Where: Anywhere! Participate in the 5k walk/run in your neighborhood.
How to participate:
- Click the “Register and Fundraise” button to sign up and let us know you’re joining.
- You will receive a link to a personalized Miles for Mike fundraising page.
- Spread the word! Share your link with friends, family, and your network asking them to make a donation in support of your 5K. Don’t forget to check to see if your company matches gifts!
- Join us for a virtual event kick-off on Zoom at 9:00 AM on July 25th
- Go outside and walk (or run)!
Can’t participate? Consider making a gift to Miles for Mike in memory of Mike.
Inspiration for Miles for Mike:
Mike was a kind, genuine and compassionate gentleman who was always there to offer help to anyone, especially his children, siblings, and friends. A hard-working man during the week, Mike turned to leisure on his days off and weekends. He enjoyed snowmobiling, boating, walking, fishing, traveling, dining out, and taking quiet Sunday drives to nowhere in particular with his beloved wife, Shirley. Mike handled his entire FTD journey in the only manner he knew, with grace, dignity, courage, and style, while somehow maintaining his friendly demeanor towards his loved ones. After fighting for 14 years, Mike ultimately lost his battle with FTD on June 16, 2020.
Our goal is to find a cure through research for this dreaded, debilitating disease to hopefully prevent others from suffering what Mike endured.
Help us stomp out FTD by walking with us at the first annual “Miles For Mike” 5K walk/run or by participating in other fundraising throughout the year.
Mike was truly a “SUPERHERO.”
His smile always said it all.